Getting to St. Andrew’s Junior School Safely
Student safety is a priority of our School. The safety of students using roads leading to and from the school is the responsibility of all. We need motorists to play their part by slowing down as they approach the vicinity of the school, and parents to reinforce the importance of road safety at home.
During peak traffic periods such as morning arrival time, students arriving to school by car are to alight at the Drop-Off Zone. Please cooperate with our staff and security guards who are deployed to facilitate the flow of traffic and reinforce road safety behaviour.
Walking to School via Diocese Gate
Do allow your son to walk to School by himself at the top of the stairs and after the Diocese Building (as shown on the map and picture below). Please refrain from accompanying your son along Francis Thomas Drive to exit at Potong Pasir Ave 3.
IMPORTANT – Parents who wish to visit our General Office
Parents who wish to visit our General Office are required to register at our Guard Post along Potong Pasir Ave 3. A security sticker will be issued upon registration. We seek your understanding as the registration process is necessary to ensure security and safety of our students and staff.
NOTE: There is no shelter walkway from the Diocese Gate to our School.
Arriving in School by Car
Our School is only accessible from Potong Pasir Ave 3 (in the direction towards Potong Pasir Ave 1). Please keep to the left lane along Meyappa Chettiar Road towards Potong Pasir Ave 3 after turning in from Upper Serangoon Road. Please join the car queue, if any to enter school.
Do expect delays during our morning peak arrival period between 7.00am to 7.30am.
During wet weather, there will be additional delay due to an increased amount of traffic.
Please continue to make a conscious effort to cooperate and keep traffic flowing at a safe and efficient pace.
(Refer to the map in the following page.)
Upon entering School, please keep to the right of the orange rubber cones which will lead you to the Drop-Off Zone.
• Please move forward safely to close up any gap with the car in-front in the queue as well as the Drop-Off Zone.
• Please help us manage traffic flow by ensuring that your son/ward is ready to alight from the car with his bags.
• (IMPORTANT) Please ensure that your son/ward has completely move away safely from your vehicle before driving off towards the exit.
• Do not cut queue or overtake cars queuing to enter school.
• Do not speed within school premises even when the lane is clear.
• Do not drive off when your son has yet to alight from your car safely.
• Do not let your son alight elsewhere before the Drop-Off Zone.
• Do not let your son alight on the wrong side of the road.
• Drivers are strongly discouraged from alighting from the car to remove school bags from the car boot.
Appointment/Ad-hoc Visit to School
If you have an appointment or are parking and walking into the Campus to meet or pick up your son/charges, please
- i. Park at a nearby Public Carpark if you are driving. There is no parking in School.
- ii. Approach our Guard Post near Potong Pasir Ave 3 to register for a sticker (per entry) to gain access to the General Office only.
Park and Walk (Alternate way to avoid congestion)
There is an alternative way to reach School by parking at nearby Public Car Parks and walk with your son along the housing blocks to School via our Side Gate using the pedestrian crossing shown on the map below.
Please also find the various public car parks available near our School vicinity for your reference and consideration.