The St. Andrew’s Parent-Teacher Association (SAPTA) was founded several decades ago with well-meaning parents coming together to support the school by getting involved with its activities. The association was officially registered in 1970 as a voluntary organisation that works to support the well-being of parents, teachers and students.
The SAPTA logo integrates the letter “A” with three triangles at the end of the masthead representing PARENTS, TEACHERS and STUDENTS, our main focus. In supporting the school, SAPTA members come together to provide for the needs of all our parents, teachers and boys. Areas where we focus our efforts are:
- Sponsoring of Exam Fees
- Providing Scholarships for deserving students, recognizing both Academic and Sports Excellence
- Started the SAPTA Tuition Program for Sports Boys and funding it since 2008
- Sponsoring inter-class events to promote creativity and encourage positive competition among students
- Co-sponsoring Teachers' Retreats and Teacher's Day Celebrations
- Organizing Teachers' Out-Reach Programmes
- Organizing Parent-Teacher Sports and Recreational Events
- Organising activities for fathers to foster greater bonding with their sons (Dads-for-Life)
- Organising Parenting Educational Seminars and Workshops
- Organizing Family-Oriented Events, e.g. SAPTA Family Day, SAPTA Arts Night
- Supporting our affiliate Parent Support Groups (Parent Volunteers, Hockey PSG, Rugby PSG) and our Sport Clubs, namely the Athletics Club and Saints FC (Soccer) in their respective school programmes
- Organising fund-raising events (Annual Food & Fun Fairs, Saints Golf Challenge, Wine Dinners) to finance our various workshops, student initiatives, and school programmes
We endeavour to support the school, through our awareness campaigns, newsletters and direct engagements to encourage more parents to join the association to carry on the baton to support our sons during their journey through St Andrew's. Whatever support, time, effort or financial assistance is volunteered, your kindness will touch many in our Saints community - ONE FAMILY UNBROKEN.